What Should I Do At The Scene Of An Automobile Accident?
At the scene of an automobile accident, if able, you should do the following things:
- Check the Health and Safety of Everyone Involved: The most important and urgent task after an accident is to check on those people involved in the accident.
- Call 911: Even if the wreck is insignificant, you should call the authorities so that they, and you, have a record of the accident.
- Get Information: Get the names and contact numbers of those at the scene of the accident, including witnesses, and get the other driver’s insurance information.
- Document The Scene: Take pictures of the scene of the accident.
- Be Cautious About What You Say And To Whom You Say It: You should only discuss the accident with law enforcement and EMS. Do not discuss fault or anything else with the other driver or any witnesses.
- Let The Paramedics Examine You: Even if you don’t think you’re injured, let the paramedics examine you so that you can be sure. Sometimes injuries, including very serious injuries, are not immediately apparent.
- Call Your Insurance Company: Even if the accident was not your fault, you should you’re your insurance company and notify them of the accident.
What Should I Do After An Auto Accident?
In the days following an auto accident, you should:
- Go To A Doctor: Kentucky has a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) law that requires insurance companies to cover up to $10,000 of medical costs related to an auto accident per person involved. It is better to be safe than sorry, so you should go to a doctor immediately after an accident to get a check-up.
- Not Give A Statement: Do not give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company until you have spoken with a Kentucky Auto Accident Lawyer.
- Contact A Kentucky Auto Accident Lawyer: Even if you do not think that you have a case, contact a Kentucky Auto Accident Lawyer. Most lawyers will talk to you for free for a few minutes to determine whether or not you have a case.
We Can Guide You Through Your Kentucky Auto Accident Case
If you’re ready to talk to a Kentucky Auto Accident Lawyer about your case, we encourage you to give us a call or submit a form on our contact page. Consultations are always free and we are always happy to assist you in any way as you move forward with your Kentucky Auto Accident case. Our expenses and fees are a reasonable percentage of the settlement or verdict that we obtain for you. If we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a penny.