Personal Injury Attorney in Shelbyville KY

Shelbyville is a great town full of great people. When accidents happen, it can be devastating to all parties involved, but especially to the injured person, their family, their friends, and their community. Your primary goal after an accident is to recover fully from your physical injuries. Your secondary goal is to recover financial losses like the cost of treatment and lost wages. In law school we are taught that the purpose of tort law is to try to put the injured person in the same position that he or she was in prior to the accident. Of course, it is not always possible to do that when there has been a permanent injury or death. In those cases, we try to get some sort of compensation for your loss. Of course, that compensation is rarely worth what you lost.

Car Wreck Lawyer

According to Kentucky Highway Safety Reports, there were over 1,200 car accidents in Shelby County in 2015, resulting in over 350 injuries and 8 deaths. We’ve all driven past car accidents on Interstate 64 and prayed that those involved were alright. And we know that the one-lane country roads throughout Shelby County can be very dangerous. If you are unfortunate enough to have been in a car wreck, you need to know what to do next.

  1. Call 911: Please call 911 if you have been in an accident. You won’t always immediately know how severe injuries are to you or other people involved. Time could be very important, so call as soon as you can.
  2. Check on Others: If you are able, check on others to make sure they are responding.
  3. Take Pictures: We all have cameras on our phones. Take pictures of the scene so that fault can be evidenced.
  4. Talk to Police: Tell the police what happened and if you have any pain at all, even in the slightest, tell them about it so that they put it in the report. Often times, because of adrenaline, you won’t feel much pain from an accident for hours, but if you tell the officer that you are not in pain, that goes in the report and works against you when dealing with an adjuster.
  5. Go to the ER: If you are experiencing pain or think that you have a concussion, go to the ER. Your car insurance is required to pay for at least $10,000 in medical bills no matter who is at fault. Don’t risk your health and well-being. Get checked out immediately.
  6. Follow the Doctors’ Instructions: If the doctor at the ER tells you to follow-up with your primary care physician in a few days, do it. It is important to listen to your doctors and get the treatment that they recommend, not just for your health, but also for your case.
  7. Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: Do not wait too long to contact an attorney. There are several reasons to reach out quickly. First, you have a limited amount of time to file a case. Second, an attorney can help reduce your medical liens by working with the PIP insurer and other payers, but that must be done quickly. Third, adjusters do not want you to get a lawyer because they know they will pay a lot less if they get to you before an attorney.

Slip and Fall Lawyer

Every business, including Roberts Law Office, has a duty to make sure that its office, parking lot, and property are safe for its customers. This generally means that when an employee becomes aware of, or creates, a hazardous condition on the property, that they fix the condition or warn of the condition. That is why you see wet floor signs when a drink has been spilled or when it is rainy and water is on the floor. You may also see sections of a parking lot roped off if there are pot holes or brightly colored spray paint around holes in the ground or pavement. However, when a business allows a hazardous condition to exist and fails to warn its customers of its existence, accidents can happen and the business is responsible to you for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Shelby County, contact us.

Shelbyville Nursing Home Lawyer

Nursing home abuse and neglect is a sad reality. While most nurses and staff of nursing homes really do care about the people that they care for, there are too many instances of abuse and neglect. Abuse and neglect come in many forms. Sometimes it is physical abuse, other times it is ignoring patient health complaints or failing to check on a patient regularly. This neglect and abuse can go unnoticed so please become familiar with the signs of nursing home abuse and report it if you see it. Unreported and unaddressed neglect and abuse often times leads to serious sickness, injury, and wrongful death.

Contact a Shelbyville Lawyer

Roberts Law Office represents clients from Shelbyville and clients injured in Shelbyville. Attorney D. Tyler Roberts was born and raised in Shelby County. His family lived on a small tobacco farm near Chestnut Grove and then later moved to a small farm in Simpsonville. Tyler grew up attending First Baptist Church and attended Southside and Northside elementary schools. As a child, Tyler was involved in the local 4H chapter and showed cattle at the Shelby County Fair. If you have been injured in an accident in Shelby County, please contact a personal injury lawyer that cares about his clients, has experience in Shelby County Circuit Court, and whose only practice is representing injured people.