Personal Injury Attorney in Winchester KY
What does a personal injury attorney do to earn their fees? They maximize your recovery. While we cannot guarantee results, the majority of the time, you will put more money in your pocket with a lawyer than without. Why? Because experienced personal injury attorneys can command much higher settlement offers from insurers and they know how to negotiate medical liens so that you pocket more of your settlement. Lawyers have an ethical obligation to act in your best interest and they generally charge a contingent fee, so the more you get paid, the more they get paid. If you have been injured in Winchester, please contact an injury lawyer today.
Winchester Car Wreck Lawyer
The Kentucky Highway Safety Reports claim that there are more than 1,000 car accidents in Winchester and Clark County each year. Many of these accidents can be attributed to the winding roads near the Kentucky River, including the Athens Boonesboro Road, and Interstate 64. There are more accidents in Clark County per capita than the per capita state average.If you are unfortunate enough to have been in a car wreck in Winchester, you need to know what to do next.
- Call 911: After an accident, time is important. You won’t always know right away how severe your injuries are or the extent to which others are injured. Call 911 as soon as you can.
- Check on Others: If you are able, check on others to make sure they are responding.
- Take Pictures: Although the police report almost always tells the story of how an accident happened, taking pictures can help tell it better. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Talk to Police: Tell the police what happened and if you have any pain at all, even in the slightest, tell them about it so that they put it in the report. Often times, because of adrenaline, you won’t feel much pain from an accident for hours, but if you tell the officer that you are not in pain, that goes in the report and works against you when dealing with an adjuster.
- Go to the ER: If you are experiencing systems of a concussion or have pain, go to the ER. PIP is required to pay for at least $10,000 in medical bills no matter who is at fault.
- Follow the Doctors’ Instructions: It is important to listen to your doctors and get the treatment that they recommend, not just for your health, but also for your case.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: Do not wait too long to contact an attorney. There are several reasons to reach out quickly. First, you have a limited amount of time to file a case. Second, an attorney can help reduce your medical liens by working with the PIP insurer and other payers, but that must be done quickly. Third, adjusters do not want you to get a lawyer because they know they will pay a lot less if they get to you before an attorney.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can be tragic. Often, motorcycle accidents are caused by car and truck drivers who follow too closely behind a motorcycle or merge lanes without checking their blind spots. There are far more inattentive drivers on the road today than ever before because of texting and driving. If you or a loved one have been in a motorcycle accident in Winchester, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to help you recover for injuries or wrongful death.
Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slips and falls often occur when a business owner has negligently maintained his or her property or store. Businesses have a duty to keep their store or office in a safe condition for guests; either free from dangerous conditions or they must warn of dangerous conditions. In many cities in Kentucky, landowners have the responsibility of keeping the sidewalks in front of their property in a state of repair. If you encounter a dangerous condition or a cracked sidewalk and trip and fall, you may be able to recover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact a Winchester Lawyer
We represent clients from Winchester and clients injured in Winchester. We have plenty of experience in Clark County Circuit Court we only handle personal injury cases. Contact Roberts Law Office today.